Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 18:06:50 -0500
From: JeanHeyd Meneide <phdofthehouse@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [ Guidance ] Potential New Routines; Requesting Help

Dear musl Maintainers and Contributors,

     I hope this e-mail finds you doing well this Holiday Season! I am
interested in developing a few fast routines for text encoding for
musl after the positive reception of a paper for the C Standard
related to fast conversion routines:

     https://thephd.github.io/vendor/future_cxx/papers/source/C%20-%20Efficient%20Character%20Conversions.html

     While I have a basic implementation, I would like to use some
processor and compiler intrinsics to make it faster and make sure my
first contribution meets both quality and speed standards for a C
library.

     Is there a place in the codebase I can look to for guidance on
how to handle intrinsics properly within musl libc? If there is
already infrastructure and common idioms in place, I would rather use
that then starting to spin up my own.

Sincerely,
JeanHeyd Meneide