Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:05:20 +0100
From: Petr Vorel <petr.vorel@...il.com>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [RFC] fanotify_event_info_fid incompatibility

Hi Rich,

musl defines struct fanotify_event_info_fid member fsid as fsid_t. This
conflicts with version from Linux kernel, which defines it as __kernel_fsid_t
(musl's fsid_t has int __val[2], kernel's __kernel_fsid_t has int val[2]).

I see commit 32b82cf5 ("fix the fsid_t structure to match name of __val"),
which looks correct to me.

I also think it's wrong, that other libc (at least glibc, uclibc-ng, bionic)
don't define fanotify_event_info_fid and other structs thus users are forced to
use definition from <linux/fanotify.h>. But can be something done with this
incompatibility?

Kind regards,
Petr