Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 13:26:33 +0100
From: Augusto César Dias <augusto.c.dias@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Problems with libc6-compat

Hello,

I'm trying to run my rust application on Alpine but I'm having problems
with either using musl as a target or using the compatibility layer for
glibc.

When I try to use from the libc6-compat I'm having this problem:

Error relocating my_app: __register_atfork: symbol not found
Error relocating my_app: __res_init: symbol not found

Is this a bug or this symbols are not at all supported by the compatibility
layer?

When I try to target musl, I have a different problem. I cannot compile my
application directly on musl, because some features from the rust compiler
are not supported. What I did was compiling on a debian image targeting
musl and moving my binary to my alpine image. It looks like even targeting
musl, the linker still uses some glibc variants at build time, which my
little experience with C doesn't help me being sure if this would be a
problem or not.

My application depends on glib2 which I installed through apk and when it
starts it fails with the following:

**
GLib-GObject:ERROR:../gobject/gtype.c:2743:g_type_register_static:
assertion failed: (static_quark_type_flags)
Aborted

I've trying to compile a C example directly in my alpine container and it
works in there, so that made me believe I'm having some problems with the
cross compilation/linking in my glibc container.

Any ideas on how can I solve this?

Best regards,

*Augusto César Dias*

Content of type "text/html" skipped