Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 14:04:06 +0800
From: Ruinland ChuanTzu Tsai <ruinland@...estech.com>
To: <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
CC: <alankao@...estech.com>
Subject: Cross-compiling test flow for libc-test

Hi,
sorry for sending this email out of the blue.

I'm wondering whether there are any (official) guides about how to do
cross-compiling tests for libc-test ?

If I understand the Makefile of libc-test correctly, it will compile
test units and then execute those tests on _host_ platform right away.

Somehow, whilst I was cross-testing glibc, there's a script,
cross-test-ssh.sh, which could be used with `test-wrapper` hook to ex-
ecute those freshly compiled test units on a hetero-architecture platf-
orm via ssh connections.

If there's no such mechanism for libc-test at this time being, then I'm
willing to develope one.

That being said, I'm curious about how's the attitude which maintainers
take toward this kind of testing flow.

Aside from cross-testing, I also wonder the status of testing reports
for releases on currently supported CPU architectures.
As I was running libc-test on x86_64, some of functional and regression
tests fail.

Is there a validating rule (e.g. funcional/xxx and regression/yyy must
pass) for code checking-in which I can enforce locally before
submitting patches here ?

Sincerely,
Ruinland ChuanTzu Tsai