Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 18:44:24 +0200
From: Tim Tassonis <stuff@...entral.ch>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: printf doesn't respect locale

On 9/10/19 6:31 PM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> * Daniel Schoepe <daniel@...oepe.org> [2019-09-10 17:00:49 +0100]:
>> I'm also not a fan of this behavior, I actually stumbled across this
>> when tracking
>> down a bug the different radix usage caused.
>
> i'm interested in how this can cause a bug in correct software.

Depends on your definition of "correct software". I'd say correct
software has no bugs at all...

Anyway, I can think of cases where the usually correct assumption is
made that the floating  point delimiter is one byte, while some locales
maybe need two bytes. This could then of course lead to memory
corruption when using sprintf with a too small buffer.

Bye
Tim