Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 13:33:48 +0200
From: ardi <ardillasdelmonte@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Looking for a libm suitable for float128 (using softfloat or softfp)

Hi,

I'm looking for a software implementation of libm that can deal with
the IEEE float128 (float128 as implemented by either the John Hauser's
softfloat or Fabrice Bellard's softfp libraries).

Looking at the musl source in src/math it certainly implements long
double versions of all libm functions, and it seems that the source
code makes checks to confirm whether to use the Intel 80bit long
double, or a 128bit long double, so, at first glance I think musl
could be a great choice for this task.

But I'm wondering if I can rely on the 128bit implementations at
src/math, or if this is untested code.

BTW, yes, I know there's libquadmath, but it's LGPL and I'd prefer to
avoid it because sometimes I need static linking.

Would you recommend me to use musl for this, or would you advice to
use other alternatives?

Thanks!!

ardi