Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 14:56:57 -0700
From: Guillaume Quintard <guillaume.quintard@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Subject: Re: libexecinfo with musl

Hi all,

thank you for your response, I do have a couple of follow-up questions.

* Rich Felker:

> It "requires" backtrace? For actual operation, or for printing stack
> traces in the event of a crash?

The latter, but it's not really my place to question that. It works on
other platforms, so I'd like to achieve parity.

> backtrace should not require any "support from libc"...

To be fair, I'm a bit out of my depth here. From what I see, the lib is
relying on compiler builtins, and they just just fall on their face.
I'm using gcc in both cases, so I'm sure there's some magic involved
somewhere, but I really can't tell where.

* Florian Weimer:

Arch is x86_64, so nothing funky here, and it works on glibc. So, no clue.

* Tuan Hoan:

> We use libexecinfo, not sure if it helps your case.

Thanks for that. I guess my question on that on is: it compiles, but that
is actually run without crashing?

Again, thank you all for having taken the time to read and reply.

--
Guillaume Quintard

Content of type "text/html" skipped