Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 17:32:44 -0700
From: Guillaume Quintard <guillaume.quintard@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: libexecinfo with musl

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been answered before, information is a bit
hard to find on the topic.

This is what brings me here:
https://github.com/mikroskeem/libexecinfo/issues/2

I'm trying to build and run a bigger program (varnish) that requires
backtrace(), and while it compiles, executing backtrace() results in a
segfault. It looks like the function __builtin_frame_address doesn't really
do what it should.

It's apparently a builtin function from the compiler, but I sort of
understood it also requires some support from the libc. If that's the case,
would someone care to explain the specifics to help us decide if we should
just cut the backtrace() feature from varnish on musl, or if we should work
towards feature parity.

Thanks!

--
Guillaume Quintard