Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 18:41:02 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Upcoming release plans & beyond

I'd like to make a release in the next few days (at most a week). This
should cover everything I intended to get in 1.1.24, among which the
main outwardly visible features are catgets, GLOB_TILDE, and fixing
longstanding brokenness on x32 and mipsn32 (ILP32-on-64bit-hw archs).

The release will also include the fix for CVE-2019-14697 (affecting
i386 only), secure_getenv, some dlsym corner case fixes, and other
small/obscure bug fixes. It will probably also be the last in the
1.1.x series before development branches to 1.2.0 with time64; further
1.1.x releases may be made with backports of important bugfixes,
especially if transition to time64 turns out to be more painful than
expected.

Despite only having a few outwardly visible changes, the 1.1.24
release will have a lot of changed code (all the time64 groundwork)
and the main new functionality has not seen significant testing yet.
Testcases for either of these areas are much wanted. Please let
me/everyone know if you can help with extending libc-test!

I'm also in the process of putting together a new website, which will
be at musl.libc.org. It will properly credit sponsors who've supported
musl development, simplify and bring the important information like
download and git links to the front, and reflect the information most
relevant to users getting started with musl in 2019 now that it's
already a widely used and successful project. As a bonus, the new site
will also streamline my workflow for making releases, which will help
with keeping releases timely.

Speaking of sponsors, I've recently been accepted into the beta of the
GitHub Sponsors program! This is like Patreon (and the musl Patreon is
still open too), but through GitHub and with GitHub matching pledges
(up to a limit) for the first year, which makes whatever you can give
twice as effective:

https://github.com/users/richfelker/sponsorship

And don't worry, musl isn't moving to GitHub.