Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 21:47:56 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Removing glibc from the musl .2 ABI

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 09:45:27PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > This would make the LFS64 symbol mess completely moot.
>
> Yes. Actually I'd like to move all of the ABI-compat symbols out of
> ld-reachable symbol table and make them ABI-compat only. But I'd also
> like to *improve* ABI-compat, e.g. making regexec from glibc libs safe
> on 64-bit (where their regoff_t was wrong),

I forgot to finish this paragraph. To follow up, doing this stuff in
the dynamic linker would likely improve ABI-compat functionality,
making it possible to remap symbols just for binaries/libraries that
were detected as being glibc-linked.

I'm actually not sure if this will still be relevant by the time we
get around to doing it, but it's nice to have the option open.