Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 15:07:57 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: time_t assessment of what needs to be done

On Mon, Jul 01, 2019 at 04:11:07PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> Then there are some functions that can get by without using the new
> syscall at all (avoiding the need for fallback logic), but that need
> to convert relative times or such between legacy kernel format and new
> userspace format:
>
> - nanosleep
> - clock_getres
> - sched_rr_get_interval
> - pselect
> - ppoll
> - sigtimedwait
> - recvmmsg
> - __timedwait
> - getrusage

Arnd noted additions to this list:

- setitimer
- getitimer
- wait3
- wait4

And additional functions that have indirect time_t dependency in their
interfaces that may need redirection if redirection is done:

- aio_suspend
- sched_getparam
- sched_setparam
- sched_setscheduler
- pthread_getschedparam
- pthread_setschedparam
- pthread_attr_getschedparam
- pthread_attr_setschedparam
- posix_spawnattr_getschedparam
- posix_spawnattr_setschedparam

My leaning for the schedparam stuff is actually not to do any
redirctions, but instead remove the SCHED_SPORADIC cruft (Linux has
never supported it and almost surely won't) and instead replace the
members with "unused" fields of the same size that we could later
repurpose for something else useful.