Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 12:16:39 -0600
From: "tenspd137 ." <dcday137@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Illegal instruction in __copy_tls()

Hi all

I am using musl 1.1.22 with in a cross toolchain to create static
binaries on my machine.  I am running gentoo linux and used their
crossdev tool to create the cross compiler (x86_64-pc-linux-musl).  I
created a small hello world app:

#include <stdio.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{printf("Hello MUSL\n");}

and compiled with:

x86_64-pc-linux-musl-gcc -v -static -Os -g hello.c

Built and runs fine on local machine, but when I put the binary on
another machine, it dumped the core with an ilegal instruction.  gdb
claims illegal instruction in __copy_tls().

I have been able to compile this program after building the musl-gcc
wrapper and it works on both machines, but I need the cross toolchain
for C++ support.  The -v in the commandline above prints messages that
indicate it is using musl from what I can tell.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or help me figure out what
I am missing?

Thanks!