Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 15:27:24 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How to get base address of heap arenas

* sva sva <azharivs@...il.com> [2019-05-30 08:59:46 -0400]:
> I am writing a heap walk program in C and would like to know if there is
> anything like the concept of arenas in musl. Basically, I need to have a
> pointer to the base address of all my allocated heaps. Unfortunately
> inspecting the musl code I found none.

there is no such concept as "heap arena" visible to user
code, so almost surely you don't "need a pointer to the
base address" of it.

try to describe what exactly you want to do (not in terms
of libc internals, but in terms that make sense for user
code)

(do you want to get all memory mappings? -> try /proc/self/maps)
(do you want to track malloc behaviour? -> try malloc interposition)
(etc)