Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 16:49:52 -0600
From: Assaf Gordon <assafgordon@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com, Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>,
 Niklas Hambüchen <mail@....me>
Cc: coreutils@....org, mjbauer95@...il.com
Subject: Re: Re: date-debug test failure with musl

Hello,

On 2019-05-13 12:23 p.m., Rich Felker wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 05:02:48AM +0200, Niklas Hambüchen wrote:
>> Dear coreutils maintainers,
>>
>> when compiling coreutils commit 6e97d36 against musl v1.1.22 on Ubuntu, I get a test failure and differing output than when using glibc.

Thank you for the report,

[...]

> As long as coreutils' date is producing the desired "invalid" error
> either way, which it seems to be, I think it's a mistake that the
> debug output for "normalized time" is being compared as part of the
> test assertion. Only the result should matter, not the path by which
> it's reached.

And thank you Rich for the quick analysis.

The attached patch implements your suggestion.

It works on glibc, please give it a test on your Ubuntu/musl-1.1.22 system.

regards,
  - assaf

View attachment "0001-tests-avoid-false-positive-in-date-debug-test.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (2150 bytes)