Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 12:38:36 +0100
From: Richard Tweed <rtweed@...ughtmachine.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Feature Request: Support use-vc option in resolv.conf

Hi all,

I've run into a situation where I need DNS resolution to always be over TCP
rather than UDP due to AWS dropping DNS packets frequently enough to be a
problem. On glibc based environments I can use the use-vc option in the
resolv.conf file.
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man5/resolv.conf.5.html
On MUSL this doesn't seem to be supported and I would love for this to be
added.

Feel free to CC me on this discussion

Many thanks,
--

Richard Finlay Tweed

--

Thought Machine Group a limited company registered in England & Wales.

Registered number: 11114277.
Registered Office: 5 New Street Square,
London EC4A 3TW
<https://maps.google.com/?q=5+New+Street+Square,+London+EC4A+3TW&entry=gmail&source=g>.

The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient
specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of
this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender.
If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and
follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not
occur in the future.

Content of type "text/html" skipped