Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 12:12:46 +0100
From: Raphael Cohn <raphael.cohn@...rmmq.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Thread-local memory for thread structures

Dear List,

I'm playing around with allocating 100s of bytes of TLS memory for
various purposes. Something I noticed in the code for creating the
mmap'd memory for TLS is that it does not (quite reasonably) assign it
a NUMA memory policy.

I'd like to assign a NUMA memory policy to the memory used for
managing a thread. Is there anything 'underhanded' I can do to find
out its location and size? I realize anything is likely to be brittle.
Ideally what I'd like is a 'set NUMA memory policy of this thead's
mmap'd management memory to the local NUMA node [once I've scheduled
it to run a particular set of CPUs].

Any suggestions?

Raph