Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 19:11:14 +0000
From: Jewell Seay <Jewell.Seay@...rosoft.com>
To: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Changes for upstream?

Hello,

The team I am on is in the beginning stages of making the following changes to musl, would upstream desire any of these?

- Heap hardening: adding cookies and validation to increase the likelihood of crashing if someone corrupts heap memory (as a security mitigation).
- Randomizing library locations in memory (while keeping the ordering of module _init and _fini calls stable).
- Shrink the memory footprint of the DATA and BSS sections.
- Return memory to the kernel within free().

The other question we have is that it does not appear that there is any standard way in musl to have certain functionality turned on or off. If any of these changes are desired to be optional then is there an accepted method for enabling or disabling the feature?

Jewell

Content of type "text/html" skipped