Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 16:32:32 -0600
From: Assaf Gordon <assafgordon@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Supporting git access via smart HTTPS protocol for musl-libc

> Thanks for the info. I've been playing with it, but haven't been able
> to get it to work yet. I suspect thttpd is doing something broken with
> the POST request since the git clone breaks during that. Going to look
> at it in more detail later.

The same happened to me with busybox, and was solved by forcing:

    export HTTP_CONTENT_ENCODING=gzip

Seems to me (from a cursory look) that "git clone" client always sends
gzipped (inflate) data, but either doesn't set the HTTP encoding header,
or the header gets lost somehow.

The git-http-backend uses that header to decide whether to deflate
the stream or not (
https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/http-backend.c#L460 ).

That's the first thing I'd try if the GET request worked but the
following "POST git-update-pack"
does not.

regards,
 - assaf