Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 20:13:40 +0800
From: "周欣潼" <zxt@...ner.com>
To: "musl" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: freeaddrinfo() behavior change in 1.1.21: crash on NULL

Hi,

We were testing connman with musl 1.1.21and hit this issue. The behavior change was introduced in http://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/commit/?id=d1395c43c019aec6b855cf3c656bf47c8a719e7f. Before the change, freeaddrinfo() accepts NULL since it just calls free(). Now it expects the input pointer to be valid.

I am writing to check whether this is expected. connman calls freeaddrinfo() regard less of the return code of getaddrinfo() and crashes when getaddrinfo() fails. The document of freeaddrinfo() does not explicitly state its behavior on NULL, but the wording seems to indicate the argument should be valid. If this interpretation is correct, we can proceed to patch connman.

Thanks,
Xintong
Content of type "text/html" skipped