Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 11:50:50 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Jonny Grant <jg@...k.org>
Subject: Re: C Annex K safe C functions

* Jonny Grant <jg@...k.org> [2019-02-27 10:30:52 +0700]:
> Not on the list, so please cc me in replies.
> Any plans to support Annex K?
> Those safe functions are great, strncpy_s etc

i wonder why you think they are great,
if they are advertised anywhere as safe or
useful then that should be fixed.

annex k is so incredibly broken and bad
that there is a wg14 paper about it

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1969.htm

normally it's ok to add nonsense interfaces
for compatibility, but in this case there is
no widespread use and the api depends on global
state that causes implementation issues even
if we wanted to implement it.