Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 10:37:38 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Damian McGuckin <damianm@....com.au>
Subject: Re: Possible Mistype in exp.c

* Damian McGuckin <damianm@....com.au> [2019-01-30 12:18:54 +1100]:

> For some reason I missed this on the list.
>
> You were certainly busy integrating this.
>
> Is there any documentation on the Remez polynomials and the associated
> argument reductions done?  Or is it a case of 'read the code'. ARM have
> certainly done a lot of work. It will be really interesting when that CPU
> gets a lot closer to the high end Xeon.

i work at arm and i did this work there so i know the background.

there is not much published about the algorithms (although there aren't
many new ideas in the code, it's mostly about optimizing for modern cpus),
but i plan to at least put the polynomial and lookup table generation
code in that repo.

the polynomial coefficients were generated with the sollya tool from
inria.