Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 11:24:12 +0100
From: Michele Portolan <michele.portolan@...noble-inp.fr>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: New to musl and C++ compiling

Hello,

I just installed MUSL because I have a C++ multithreaded application
that uses threads heavily and I would like to make it independent from
an OS. I was able to easily install and run MUSL for C targets, but when
I try a simple C++ Hello world I get an error for the standard libs.

My file is the simplest possible (no multithreading to start with):

  #include <iostream>

  int main() {
           std::cout << "Hello, World" << std::endl;
           return 0;
}

Here is my output for standard and musl-based compilation.

portolan@...mea:~/musl/examples$ g++ -o test_cpp test_cpp.cpp
portolan@...mea:~/musl/examples$ ./test_cpp
Hello, World
portolan@...mea:~/musl/examples$ g++ -o test_cpp test_cpp.cpp -specs
"/home/portolan/musl/install/lib/musl-gcc.specs"
test_cpp.cpp:1:11: fatal error: iostream: No such file or directory
   #include <iostream>
compilation terminated.

I am probably missing something REALLY basic, at least I hope so!

Best regards,

Michele