Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 11:52:17 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: Arkadiusz Sienkiewicz <sienkiewiczarkadiusz@...il.com>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: aio_cancel segmentation fault for in progress write
 requests

On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 05:04:07PM +0100, Arkadiusz Sienkiewicz wrote:
> Ok, maybe stacktrace is misleading due to some problem in GDB. However,

It's not just the backtrace that's misleading, but also the point of
crash. The point gdb has stopped at is prior to the crash. However...

> that doesn't explain why I'm getting segmentation fault when I execute test
> program without gdb. Also commenting aio_cancel line will "fix" seg fault,
> so that function is most probable culprit.

it seems from your output, which lacks the message:

    aio_write/1-1.c cancelationStatus : 2

that the crash happened before the printf was reached. It's not clear
to me what could have caused it though. Calling close also performs
the equivalent of aio_cancel on the fd. Can you try running under
strace (with -f option) or anything else that might give further clues
as to where/why it crashed? valgrind might also be a good idea.