Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 12:03:39 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 32-bit double and long double

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 06:25:04PM +0300, Eugene Sharygin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're using Musl on a platform where both float, double, and long double
> are in IEEE-754 binary32 format, and I'm wondering if a patch that lifts
> some of the assumptions made regarding widths of floating-point types
> would be accepted.

No, musl only supports (roughly) Annex-F conforming environments, with
IEEE single and double and a long double type with IEEE-compatible
semantics. Such patches won't be accepted upstream.

Is there a reason your target is defining double in an unuseful and
incompatible way rather than doing hard-single and soft-double? If you
have any control over the choice of ABI, I think the latter makes a
lot more sense.

Rich