Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 14:23:56 +0000
From: argante <argante@...me>
To: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: using musl-cross-make to build host gcc

> Hi,
>
> look into config.log. It will tell you what really went on. If you see
> an error from configure, then a configure check failed. Likely some
> header file behaving differently than what they expected, justified or
> not.
>
> Ciao,
> Markus

# cat /tmp/ports/gcc/work/gcc-7.3.0/host-x86_64-linux-musl/gcc/config.log
language_hooks=''
option_includes=''

## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##

/* confdefs.h */
#define PACKAGE_NAME ""
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
#define PACKAGE_STRING ""
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
#define PACKAGE_URL ""
#define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
#define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
#define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
#define HAVE_STRING_H 1
#define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
#define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
#define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
#define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
#define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
#define __EXTENSIONS__ 1
#define _ALL_SOURCE 1
#define _GNU_SOURCE 1
#define _POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS 1
#define _TANDEM_SOURCE 1
#define SIZEOF_VOID_P 0
#define SIZEOF_SHORT 0
#define SIZEOF_INT 0
#define SIZEOF_LONG 0
#define HAVE_LONG_LONG 1

configure: exit 77

As you can see, the sizeof for types is incorrectly set to 0. config.log does not add anything to what I wrote earlier.