Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 18:49:05 +1200
From: Michael Clark <michaeljclark@....com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com, palmer@...ive.com
Subject: Re: riscv port for review

> On 28/09/2018, at 6:33 PM, Michael Clark <michaeljclark@....com> wrote:
>
> we could build riscv32 kernels

Typo: we couldn’t build riscv32 kernels.

We can perhaps use the musl riscv32 port as a good chance to sort out the riscv32 issues. SiFive’s Freedom Unleashed Linux SDK is riscv64 and all of my test kernels have been riscv64.

SiFive’s Freedom Everywhere riscv32 cores are no-MMU and the our riscv32 testing in QEMU has been emulating the HiFive1 board with the E-Series FE310G000 MCU.

It shouldn’t be too hard to sort out riscv32 linux. There have just been other priorities until now...