Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 20:52:57 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cortex-M support

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 08:41:15PM -0400, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> It does :) Although only through thumbv2, so there would be some  assembly
> rework required for cortex-m0.

There's also no fdpic ABI support yet, so it's only going to be
nonshared text. For bare-metal/pseudo-kernel or a single-program
userspace on Linux it probably doesn't matter, but if you're trying to
run a real userspace it's very inefficient. I'd like to add fdpic
soon.

Also, I think it won't work unless the kernel traps and emulates the
cp15 thread-pointer access, since we don't support the get_tls
syscall. (We can add it if needed, but the whole idea of the syscall
is silly since it's no more efficient than trapping on the kernel
side, but support for switching to it makes userspace slower/heavier.

Rich