Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 12:30:45 +0100
From: Jon Chesterfield <jonathanchesterfield@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cortex-M support / single float

> note that a large part of the float code in libc is in the
> math library which expects efficient double arithmetics,
> i plan to rewrite the most important single precision math
> functions using double arithmetics, this gives significant
> benefits on all systems except ones with single precision
> only hw.

I'm responsible for libm on an architecture with 32bit float in hardware
and 64bit float via integer ops. It's derived from musl because I like musl.

Currently operations written in terms of double are rather slow. Would
upstream accept functions optimised for a 32bit float+int system? I haven't
written them yet but it's on the todo list.

Cheers

Jon

Content of type "text/html" skipped