Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 22:53:20 +0200
From: Reiner Herrmann <reiner@...ner-h.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault in static binaries built with recent binutils

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 10:19:28PM +0200, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> the difference between the two cases was --build-id
>
> --build-id=sha1 works, --build-id=none segfaults
>
> i assume the note section with the build id happens
> to force ld to keep the initial load segment, but
> that should be there without any note section, so
> it's likely a binutils bug (i see it on 2.30 and
> master branch too)

Do you mean you see the bug on 2.30, or the initial load segment?
Because with 2.30 it's working for me (the initial load segment is there).

Thanks for your investigation and the suggested workaround!

Kind regards,
   Reiner

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)