Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 12:22:35 +0530
From: ritesh sonawane <rdssonawane2317@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Changing MMAP_THRESHOLD in malloc() implementation.

> How does this happen? The behavior you should see is just rounding up
> of the request to a multiple of the page size, not scaling of the
> request. Maybe I don't understand what you're saying here.

In our case if threshold value is 224KB then all request more than 224KB
will allocate memory
using mmap() only. In that case size will be aligned to page
boundary(64MB).
So user if application request size 225KB multiple time then for every
request of 225KB one page of
(64MB) will be allocated.  It means if user request 225KB five time then
according to
user (225KB x 5 = 1125KB) is consumed,  But actual memory consumed is (64MB
x 5 = 320MB).

Content of type "text/html" skipped