Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 18:19:49 -0500
From: "A. Wilcox" <awilfox@...lielinux.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Package build failure with musl 1.1.19 + Linux 4.14.48 (UAPI?)

Hi there,

Attempting to build net-tools 1.60 on musl 1.1.19 with Linux headers
from kernel 4.14.48 installed on a PowerPC computer, we're seeing the
following build error:

In file included from /usr/include/linux/if_tunnel.h:7:0,
                 from iptunnel.c:34:
/usr/include/linux/ip.h:86:8: error: redefinition of ‘struct iphdr’
 struct iphdr {
        ^~~~~
In file included from iptunnel.c:29:0:
/usr/include/netinet/ip.h:25:8: note: originally defined here
 struct iphdr {
        ^~~~~
make: *** [Makefile:94: iptunnel.o] Error 1

This failure was not present with kernel headers from 4.4.  This may be
a regression in the kernel or it may just be a change that needs to be
made to musl.  I am not very experienced in dealing with UAPI and didn't
see much in the kernel doc tree so I was wondering if someone on this
list could point me towards any resources about how to debug/fix such
issues.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Best to you and yours,
--arw

--
A. Wilcox (awilfox)
Project Lead, Adélie Linux

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)