Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 19:45:52 -0500
From: "A. Wilcox" <awilfox@...lielinux.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: <fstab.h> / getfsent(3) and friends

Would a small module implementing <fstab.h> be accepted upstream into
musl?  I looked on the mailing list and wiki and didn't see anyone
asking this question before.

This header and API are used by at least:

- filelight (disk space usage tracker)

- K3b (KDE disc ripper)

- KDELibs 3.x, used by TDE (Trinity Desktop Environment, light Qt DE)

- MythTV and XBMC (media center/players)

- Pegasus (scientific computation management system by USC)

Since this is already implemented by glibc[1], FreeBSD[2], NetBSD[3],
OpenBSD[4], Mac OS X[5], AIX[6], HP-UX[7], QNX[8], and
others[9][10][11][12], all but TDE's fork of KDELibs 3 don't check for
it in configure.  I would be more than happy to implement and maintain this.

Best,
--arw

[1]: https://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/fstab.html

[2]: https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=getfsent&sektion=3

[3]: http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?getfsent++NetBSD-current

[4]: https://man.openbsd.org/getfsent

[5]:
https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man3/getfsent.3.html

[6]:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_aix_71/com.ibm.aix.basetrf1/getfsent.htm

[7]: http://nixdoc.net/man-pages/HP-UX/man4/fstab.4.html

[8]:
http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.5.0/topic/com.qnx.doc.neutrino_lib_ref/g/getfsent.html

[9]: Tru64:
http://www.polarhome.com/service/man/?qf=getfsent&tf=2&of=Tru64&sf=3

[10]: Ultrix:
http://www.polarhome.com/service/man/?qf=getfsent&af=0&sf=3&of=Ultrix&tf=2

[11]: Hurd:
http://www.polarhome.com/service/man/?qf=getfsent&af=0&sf=3&of=Hurd&tf=2

[12]: Minix:
http://www.polarhome.com/service/man/?qf=getfsent&af=0&sf=3&of=Minix&tf=2
--
A. Wilcox (awilfox)
Project Lead, Adélie Linux

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (867 bytes)