Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:44:30 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Regressions or important missed fixes in 1.1.17?

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 11:39:27AM +0100, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> * Matias Fonzo <selk@...gora.org> [2017-10-30 06:50:27 -0300]:
> > cross-compilers based on musl (aka darkcrusade).  Also, it would be nice
> > if the next release can contain the UAPI for the incoming kernel 4.14.x.
>
> linux v4.10, v4.11, v4.12 and v4.13 patches are pending
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2017/09/12/1
>
> i think making a quick release has higher priority now
> than including these changes.

I agree -- while it would be nice, a big pile of header changes has a
disproportionately high risk of causing build regressions, which would
kinda defeat the whole purpose of doing another release right away.

I'll merge them after the release so we can go ahead and start getting
widespread testing for them early in the next release cycle.