Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 12:27:54 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: open issues

On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 10:18:12PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > - GLOB_PERIOD is inconsistent with glibc
> >   http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2017/01/12/5
>
> Fixed in commit 8c4be3e2209d2a1d3874b8bc2b474668fcbbbac6

This was wrong and introduced a regression: literal . and .. in paths
passed into glob result in no results. I really should have held off
on it because determining the preferred behavior is complicated. But
in any case, a change which alters behavior without GLOB_PERIOD being
set in the flags was wrong. I'll be committing a fix soon.

Due to this and a couple small other bugs/regressions, I think it will
make sense to make another release right away, to have a solid "works
out of the box without patching" one as the latest. Please let me know
if you spot other regressions so fixes can be included.