Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 14:55:08 +0200
From: Didier Kryn <kryn@...p3.fr>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl-cross-make doesn't install gcc binaries

Le 03/10/2017 à 12:59, Szabolcs Nagy a écrit :
> * Didier Kryn <kryn@...p3.fr> [2017-10-03 12:38:49 +0200]:
>> Le 03/10/2017 à 11:37, Szabolcs Nagy a écrit :
>>> it's a cross compiler, so you won't have gcc, but x86_64-linux-musl-gcc
>>      But it isn't installed and, BTW, the installed binutils executables
>> aren't prefixed with x86_64-linux-musl-
>>
>>      When I remove the line 'OUTPUT = /usr/pkg'  in config.mak, to leave it
>> use the default, then the installation occurs in subdir 'output' of the
>> source tree, and it seems much more familiar to me, with more subdirs, such
>> as libexec, share and x86_64-linux-musl, which are not present otherwise.
>> And all the executables are correctly prefixed.
>>
>>      Therefore the problem is restricted to the processing of the custom
>> install dir. Given the cross-compiler is sysrooted, this isn't a big deal,
>> but better to know.
>>
> i use custom OUTPUT dir and never had a problem
>
> (although i pass it as a make argument like
>
> make install TARGET=x86_64-linux-musl OUTPUT=/path
>
> and then i have
> /usr/bin/install -c xgcc /path/bin/x86_64-linux-musl-gcc
> in my build log)

     OK, got it. I understood the install path as an install *prefix*. I
should have specified

     'OUTPUT=/usr/pkg/x86_64-linux-musl'

         instead of

     'OUTPUT=/usr/pkg'

     And I didn't notice it created bin, include, lib, libexec and share
and, since it also created x86_64-linux-musl, which has the name I
expected and also contains bin, include and lib,  I concentrated on this
one which wasn't as expected.

     Maybe worth mentionning the path is the base of the sysroot, not a
prefix. There must be other idiots like me.

      Thanks for your patience.

Didier

     Now it works. Thanks for your patience