Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 11:34:05 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: open issues

* Stefan Sedich <stefan.sedich@...il.com> [2017-08-30 19:53:55 +0000]:
> > feature request:
> > - RES_OPTIONS support for resolv.conf options overriding
> >   http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2017/04/30/1
> >   related libc-alpha discussion
> >   http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-08/msg01097.html
>
> - RES_OPTIONS support for resolv.conf options overriding
>   http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2017/04/30/1
>
> I would love to sneak this one in if possible, has been sitting around for
> a while and something that I want to be able to configure!

did you see the libc-alpha discussion?

the current recommended way to override /etc/resolv.conf is using mount
namespace (or chroot), if user namespace is allowed for non-root users
in the kernel then this can be done without root access.

if you can control resolv.conf per process then options can be set too.
(not ideal solution, but may work for you)