Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 15:09:47 +0200
From: Pirmin Walthert <pirmin.walthert@...om.ch>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: gethostbyname2.c /
 6476b8135760659b25c93ff9308425ca98a9e777 breaking asterisk 13 compatibility

Hi Timo

Thanks, we use Asterisk 13 since months on about 100 VM's with musl, we
have only one strange issue that leads to a crashes from time to time,
especially when using PickupChan. Somehow I couldn't reproduce the
crash when using only hostnames in FROM headers that I'd put into
/etc/hosts (but as it is hard to reproduce anyway it's not sure whether
this is really the reason). However I've seen that some pjsip functions
used in the multihomed module (in asterisk 13 at least) are using
gethostbyname (not gethostbyname_r).

I'm waiting for feedback from the asterisk team whether it's possible
that several threads are using the multihomed code at the same time.

Asterisk 14 has some changes in the resolver, so maybe that's the
reason why Asterisk 14 isn't affected.

Best regards,

Pirmin