Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 15:36:52 +0200
From: Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@...e-electrons.com>
To: Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux@...glemail.com>
Cc: wdlkmpx <wdlkmpx@...il.com>, busybox <busybox@...ybox.net>, musl
 <musl@...ts.openwall.com>, Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx@...nadk.org>
Subject: Re: bbox: musl versus uclibc

Hello,

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 15:25:20 +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:

> These "ng" names are not the best idea.
>
> Maybe uclibc-ng can just supersede uclibc?

Waldemar proposed many, many times to Bernhard to take over the
project, and Bernhard essentially never replied. So it was either
adding -ng or doing nothing.

I think adding -ng was better than doing nothing :)

And yes, I believe uClibc-ng should just supersede uClibc, or at least
that www.uclibc.org should point to www.uclibc-ng.org to make more
people aware of the fact that uClibc is alive again.

> We can give www.uclibc.org domain (or the server itself) to it.

Cc'ing Waldemar, who maintains uClibc-ng.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons