Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 14:46:10 +0800
From: John Hu <heat0415@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: A question about pure static linking with libdl

Dear musl developers,

Recently I have an experiment about whether full static-linked ld.gold with
plugin function enabled can use its --plugin option to dynamically load
plugins such as LLVMgold.so. I use "./configure --enable --enable-plugins
--disable-werror LDFLAGS="-static" "  to generate a full statically linked
ld.gold which does not have any dynamic library dependency, then I exec
"./ld.gold --plugin LLVMgold.so" but an error occurs that "could not load
plugin library: Dynamic loading not supported". I doubt this is a bug
because it is claimed that musl supports full static linking but I am not
sure about that. BTW, my experiment environment is Alpine 3.5.

Content of type "text/html" skipped