Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 18:44:05 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Steve Coffman <Steve.Coffman@...aka.org>
Subject: Re: strptime.c missing timezone z case

* Steve Coffman <Steve.Coffman@...aka.org> [2017-04-19 14:03:18 +0000]:
> I noticed that musl does not support timezone formats that include %z or %Z for timezone, unlike glibc.
> Both %d/%b/%Y:%H:%M:%S %z and %d/%b/%Y:%H:%M:%S %Z for instance.

code using %z or %Z in strptime is nonconforming and thus
nonportable so it should be fixed (it will break not just
on musl).

that said it's a commonly requested feature, but the exact
requirements are not known, different implementations
handle %z differently (some support iso 8601 format only,
others support rfc822 style zone specifiers too) %Z i think
is even more inconsistent across implementations.