Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:25:43 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@...e-electrons.com>
Subject: Re: Re: python-libconfig failing to build with musl

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 04:49:31PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 10:12:33PM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The python-libconfig doesn't build with the musl C library, with some
> > very weird error coming all the way from Boost Python:
> >
> >   error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct _IO_FILE'
> >
> > See:
> >
> >   http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/f0f/f0f6cdc8c38c024772615d5e677b0f4ad63ef7ec/build-end.log
> >
> > for the complete build log of python-libconfig.
> >
> > If you want a way to easily reproduce, let me know, I can provide the
> > 4/5 commands that can allow you to reproduce it with Buildroot.
>
> It's intentional that FILE is an incomplete type. Do you know what
> they're trying to do by trying to use it as if it were a complete
> type? This is a bug that needs a patch, preferably one suitable for
> upstream.

On further investigation, it looks like there's something weird that
boost is doing that's causing it to get expanded in a template that
uses FILE rather than FILE*. Not clear why but this is probably a bug
in boost. Maybe someone who understands C++ better could advise.

BTW, any idea what happened to your mail to the list? It seems to have
gotten lost.