Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 16:33:12 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ldso pthread finalization

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 12:48:07PM +0300, Леонид Юрьев wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In glibc there are a couple of problems. I do not know whether they
> are relevant for Musl. However, I think should pay attention.
>
> So, please take in accound two glibc bugs:
>
> 1) pthread_key_delete() race with thread finalization.
>
> A race condition could occur between the pthread_key_delete() and the
> __nptl_deallocate_tsd().

I consider deletion of a key for which a value is set to be a type of
use-after-free bug and thereby to have undefined behavior. POSIX does
not seem to specify a behavior for it, and it does not seem possible
to specify something consistent.

> 2) pthread_key_create() destructors and segfault after a DSO unloading.

musl does not unload DSOs, so this one is not relevant to musl.