Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 02:58:24 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Reviving planned ldso changes

* Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net> [2017-01-04 11:51:09 +0100]:
> * Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> [2017-01-03 00:43:51 -0500]:
> > One item that's been on the agenda for a long time (maybe 1.5 years
> > now?) is planned dynamic linker improvements. The thread "Further
> > dynamic linker optimizations" from summer 2015 covered parts but maybe
> > not all of what I had in mind.
> - symbol lookup logic is duplicated between do_dlsym and find_sym,
>   it would be nice to do that with common code path if possible.

i looked into this and found some issues

i attached my current patches for comments, but the bugs may be
fixed separately from the refactoring.

View attachment "0001-treat-STB_WEAK-and-STB_GNU_UNIQUE-like-STB_GLOBAL-in.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (1448 bytes)

View attachment "0002-make-relocation-time-symbol-lookup-and-dlsym-consist.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (5402 bytes)