Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 03:26:07 +0100
From: "Romain" <romain@...bones.com>
To: <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: ld-musl-i386.so.1 disappear after gcc install

Hello,

I try to create  a script to cross-build a small linux based on musl.
(https://github.com/rom1nux/zydux-forge)

Basically I first create my cross toolchain in 3 steps

1 – Build static gcc (first pass)
2 – Build musl
3 – Build dynamic gcc (second pass)

When I build musl, I can find the loader ld-musl-i386.so.1 this is a link to
/lib/libc.so
But when I do the second pass of gcc the ld-musl-i386.so.1 is removed at the
gcc “make install”

I create a watch with “audit” to see what process remove the file, and it
seem that /sbin/ldconfig.real remove the loader, I don’t understand why.
(I fix this by creating my own link, and I can start my target, but I don’t
understand what append)

My host :
Ubuntu 16.04
Arch : x86_64
Kernel : 4.4.0
Gcc : 5.4 (x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc)

My Cross/Target :
Arch : x86
Kernel : 4.9.7
Gcc : 6.3.0 (i486-linux-musl-gcc)
Musl : 1.1.16

Can you help  me to understand why the linker ld-musl-i386.so.1 is removed
by /sbin/ldconfig.real, and how to avoid this ?

Thanks in advance

Rom1nux
PS : Sorry for my bad English language