Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 19:55:38 -0300
From: "Matias A. Fonzo" <selk@...gora.org>
To: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
Cc: dragora-users@...gnu.org, musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Darkcrusade 2017Jan05 (cross compiler set)

On Sat, 7 Jan 2017 15:57:38 +0100
Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net> wrote:

> * Matias A. Fonzo <selk@...gora.org> [2017-01-06 20:31:34 -0300]:
> > On Fri, 6 Jan 2017 21:45:18 +0100
> > Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net> wrote:
> >
> > > * Matias A. Fonzo <selk@...gora.org> [2017-01-06 17:20:05
> > > -0300]:

> > > what is the difference between armv7hl and armv8hl?
> >
> > The only difference is that armv8hl is tuned for cortex-a8...
> >

> cortex-a8 is an armv7-a core, i think only 64bit arm cores
> support armv8-a isa (yes the naming is confusing).
>
> > > (there should not be many differences between armv8-a and armv7-a
> > > isa in aarch32 execution state and armv8-a is backward compatible
> > > with armv7-a)
> >
> > Thanks! -- I've removed the target file for armv7hl.
> >

> i think you should keep the armv7hl and remove the armv8hl one.

Are you sure?:

armv8hl has the following options for GCC:

"--with-arch=armv7-a --with-float=hard --with-fpu=neon
--with-tune=cortex-a8"

meanwhile armv7hl was:

"--with-arch=armv7-a --with-float=hard --with-fpu=neon"

'armv8hl' is like "it can run on the armv7-a but armv8-a has the honor".

This is confusing, so.. only 64bit is capable of armv8-a?.