Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 11:00:52 -0500
From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@...eharbor.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: bug in getopt_long()

Hi,

We hit a bug in Gentoo with getopt_long().  It appears the alpine people
hit it too http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/4802.  The problem was
encountered in open-iscsi but I got some reduced code which I've
attached.  If you build and run that code as `./test --portal
10.144.0.14 --discover` then you get

unrecognized character 'D'

On a glibc system, you don't get the "unrecognized character 'D'" which
is what we'd expect.  Rich suggested a patch to musl which looked like
it might work, but it didn't.  I didn't investigate further.  I'm just
reporting it first to see if others know what's up.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]

View attachment "test.c" of type "text/plain" (626 bytes)