Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 23:32:21 -0600
From: "A. Wilcox" <awilfox@...lielinux.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl new-year's infrastructure resolutions

On 01/01/17 20:31, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 01, 2017 at 04:37:04PM -0600, A. Wilcox wrote:
>> On 31/12/16 17:37, Rich Felker wrote:
>>> Adopting an issue tracker. This requires actually selecting
>>> one and setting up the infrastructure for it. The wiki could
>>> possibly be moved to the same infrastructure. (I want to keep
>>> webapp-ish stuff like wiki, issue tracker etc. off the server
>>> that hosts git and release downloads because anything
>>> interactive is a significant attack surface that puts integrity
>>> of code as risk.)
>>
>> Are you looking for hardware, or for admin volunteers?  No matter
>> how much I hate wearing the admin hat, I seem to be pretty good
>> at running stable Bugzilla servers, if that's something you are
>> interested in. It's one of the most flexible of the FLOSS issue
>> trackers.
>
> Given how things turned out relying on a volunteer admin for the
> wiki, I'm probably more looking for someone with experience setting
> the chosen tracker up so that I don't have to figure out
> everything myself. I'm familiar with and like Bugzilla from a user
> side, but IIRC it requires some ugly legacy hosting infrastructure;
> is this correct? (I.e. does it need particular old-fashioned
> server/db sw like Apache, Mysql, etc. or can it be used with more
> modern alternatives?)

I disagree with calling Apache 2.4 "old-fashioned" - mpm_event works
quite well - but it is just good simple CGI.  It can run anywhere Perl
can.

It supports MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and SQLite3.  While I
prefer pgsql over the others, I'm not sure I would call any of those
"old-fashioned" either.

Assuming this isn't acceptable, what do you consider "modern"?
Unfortunately I have experience with over a dozen issue trackers, so I
can likely match you to *something* that would work for your
infrastructure.

- --arw

- --
A. Wilcox (awilfox)