Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 13:36:52 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl new-year's infrastructure resolutions

On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 10:27:00AM -0800, Kurt H Maier wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 06:39:37AM +0000, Khem Raj wrote:
> > Have you considered github
>
> The biggest problem with using github for this is that users will then
> be required to have github accounts to file issues.  Good issue trackers
> do not put this burden on reporters.

While I agree it's a burden to require that, it's also a convenience
to be able to use an existing identity (especially if you're given a
choice of which identity provider to use, which is not the case with
github of course) rather than having to create a new account to report
bugs. It would be nice if we could allow that but I don't see the
capaibility in any existing issue trackers.