Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 18:29:13 -0600
From: Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cortex-m support?

On 12/08/2016 03:01 PM, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 01:10:11PM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
>>>
>>> I have links to the repos somewhere; the problem is that they're
>>> forked from a fairly old gcc version (although not nearly as bad as
>>> sh-fdpic; I think it's 4.8 or so)
>>
>> https://github.com/mickael-guene/gcc has a 5.2 branch and "master"
>> updated 20 hours ago, although I'm not sure how much of master updating
>> is an automatic tracking branch and how much is the account owner
>> updating things.
>
> Excellent! That's new since I last communicated with him.

In theory, what you do is follow the instructions in:

  https://github.com/mickael-guene/fdpic_manifest

Which uses repo to download the github repositories, and then has a
build.sh. In practice, I'm not sure what branches that uses to build
said toolchain.

However, this would give you a uClibc-based cortex-m-fdpic toolchain you
could then swap musl into. It also has a lsit of kernel patches that
theoretically work against vanilla, but you don't have a board for that. :)

I did poke you over the summer about running cortex-m binflt binaries
under qemu application emulation (works fine). I dunno if it supports
the fdpic loader or not, building this toolchain to find out. If not,
it's got an emulator there too but I haven't poked at it yet...

Rob