Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 13:10:11 -0600
From: Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cortex-m support?

On 12/07/2016 07:16 PM, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 06:55:56PM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
>> Not sure where you get the relevant gcc patch...
>
> I have links to the repos somewhere; the problem is that they're
> forked from a fairly old gcc version (although not nearly as bad as
> sh-fdpic; I think it's 4.8 or so)

https://github.com/mickael-guene/gcc has a 5.2 branch and "master"
updated 20 hours ago, although I'm not sure how much of master updating
is an automatic tracking branch and how much is the account owner
updating things.

> and the authors probably don't have
> copyright assignments taken care of.

Nobody does copyright assignments voluntarily. In the long run those
kill projects.

> It would be really nice if
> someone could coordinate working with the authors and companies
> involved and getting all of that taken care of -- preferably someone
> getting paid to do so, since it's not particularly fun work to be
> doing as a volunteer.

Github says https://github.com/mickael-guene was last active November
30th (commiting stuff to his cortex-m simulator fork), so he's still
around...

I'm tempted to try to shoehorn the gcc and binutils here into
musl-cross-make and see what happens. But I've already _got_ a cortex-m
targeted toolchain that... can't build musl. Because of the assembly
stuff. So I should probably poke at that first.

> Rich

Rob